My Blog Story

Hi everyone!

My name is Liisa and I am an ESL teacher, currently living in Seoul, South Korea, however, I’ll be heading back to my homeland (Canada) in the next couple of weeks. I am currently completing my Master’s in education online and am really starting to realize that I have fallen behind in the world of technology over the past few years, and would really like to develop my online presence both personally and professionally.

In the first courses that I have taken in my graduate program (Self-Regulated Inquiry and Collaborative Inquiry), I have started to gain more knowledge and insight surrounding the power of collaboration with students and with other teachers. I have also started to understand the importance of reaching out to a community, sharing ideas and participating in reflective discourse that allows us to constructively build our knowledge.  Thus, my goal in joining edublogs.org is to develop the ability to easily share ideas and help to influence others as well. I hope to build my confidence in reaching out to professional communities and to most importantly, improve as an educator.

I look forward to being an active member of the community and getting familiar with the world of blogging!

Cheers,

Liisa